Vaccine Justice Teach-In : How can feminists collectively organise to hold States accountable?
We will learn about the ways philanthrocapitalists, Northern States and corporations are impeding access to quality and accessible vaccines and healthcare more broadly, and why this is a critical feminist issue.
Moderator: Felogene Anumo (AWID)
- Masaya Llavaneras Blanco (DAWN) - Corporate Capture of Health
- Sabrina Masinjila (African Center for Biodiversity) - Resisting Gates Empire, Upholding food and seed sovereignty
- Sibongile Tshabalala (Treatment Action Campaign) - Lessons from movement organising for the accessibility and affordability of HIV/AIDS treatment
- Heidi Chow (Global Justice Now) - People’s Vaccine Campaign
- Sachini Perera (RESURJ) -Vaccine Justice is a Feminist Issue
These sessions are part of a series of conversations for a #FeministBailout and Economic Recovery plan that centers health and wellbeing of our communities and the planet. Both sessions will have simultaneous interpretation to English, Spanish and French; the Teach-In will have Closed Captioning in English available.
10 May 2021 from 09:00 to 10:30